Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Few Different Things...

A few different things on my mind today, the first we had the meeting with everyone at the school. We discussed all the things Isa would need help with at school.  The school is looking for a person who can assist her, with moving from place to place and toileting. We also discussed how we would have Isa keep up with all her school work while recovering at home. The teacher already rearranged the seating arrangement in class so that Isa can have easier access to her table.  She is now seated right by the door at the highest table.  The teacher said she wanted to move her well in advance so that she wouldn't feel that she was having to move strictly because of her wheelchair, one less thing for her to worry about.  The teacher has already planned on making get well cards with her classmates for Isa to have while in the hospital, I thought this was super sweet! The nurse will also be talking to the class once Isa is out for surgery about kindness and understanding.  They will be explained what is going to happen to Isa and to expect her in her wheelchair.  This is something that truthfully I hadn't even thought about!  It is nice that someone had it covered already!

Secondly, I found a new friend at Isa's school whose baby has two casts like Isa will have!  How wonderful the way things work ;-) I can't say that I have ever seen or met in the past someone with two full leg casts and now I had! She was friendly and very helpful. I met her the first week of school.  Her baby has casts on for different reasons other than Isa will, but nonethe less she was able to answer some questions and provided much needed comfort, yay!  The baby is an adorable lively little fella:-)  I met him three days after he had surgery and he was so happy and was even doing some kicking!!! This made me feel so comforted knowing that Isa wasn't going to be completely miserable and unable to move while in such large casts.  She did note that pain relief was key for her and her baby, something for us to keep in mind.  I also questioned the ease of dressing a child with the casts, she said that since it is HOT and he is so little usually he lounges with just shirts or onesies. but suggested in my case dresses. At first I considered asking grandma to make some special dresses. However grandma is already making comfy but very cute pajamas for her first week post op (and also for her American Girl Doll !)and after looking into the cost of fabric and the time it takes to make it, I figured that I might as well just buy some wide bottom dresses.  Overall, I am just extremely happy to have met the baby who has provided strength and comfort.  I see him being so happy and playful and innterupted by his casts that it gives me not only comfort but also strength for Isa.

Lastly, the past few weeks since Isa started school I have been crazy busy :-p Now that school has started we also started our other extracurricular activites.  Isa has ballet for a few weeks until surgery, she also will be starting religous education classes soon.  Max has storytime, a art class, and both kiddos have piano class.  I also do some homeschooling for Max so that he is well prepared for Kindergarten.  Not to mention I also have signed up for a few volunteer things at Isa's school.  I have things to do almost EVERYDAY, including weekends!  Which is great I am not complaining after all I signed up for it all but I just need to get used to my schedule and fit working out somewhere in all this.  I need MOTIVATION and LOTS of it to start working out.  I always seem to start and then within a few weeks lose the motivation and it loses priority.  I need to, I have to, find the motivation and make it a priority!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment